06 Oct 3 Cosmetic Dental Procedures to Enhance Your Smile
People who are unhappy with the way their smiles look can take action to improve their smile satisfaction. A cosmetic family dentist can correct the variety of issues affecting the shade or condition of the teeth that can detract from the smile’s appearance.
Cosmetic dentistry treatments often are completed in a very short timeframe, as little as a single appointment. To learn more about how you might improve your smile, schedule a consultation with our cosmetic family dentist.
Common Aesthetic Concerns that Detract from Your Smile
A smile featuring teeth that are white, bright and in good condition is considered to be the ideal. Anything that deviates from those norms can be unappealing, such as:
- Chips or cracks in the teeth
- Extensive tooth damage due to decay or injury
Fortunately, it is possible to address any or all of these issues with different interventions offered by a cosmetic family dentist.
Cosmetic Dentistry Treatments that Can Enhance Your Smile
Depending on your unique circumstances, a cosmetic dentist may suggest any of the following interventions.
- Teeth whitening: Patients receive the strongest bleaching gels available – stronger than those found in over-the-counter products – and use custom-designed whitening trays in the comfort of their own homes.
- Dental bonding: Small amounts of tooth-colored composites are applied to the teeth and cured to conceal minor defects.
- Zirconia crowns: Durable tooth-shaped caps that restore teeth that have suffered significant damage due to injury or oral disease.
These interventions can be used individually or in combination as part of a smile makeover to best meet the patient’s needs.
What to Expect from the Cosmetic Dentistry Treatment Process
The process of improving your smile through cosmetic dentistry begins with an evaluation by a dentist who specializes in providing treatments that enhance the smile’s aesthetics. At this evaluation, your dentist will assess your smile and discuss your smile goals with you.
After collecting all of the needed information and taking any pertinent photos or imaging, the dentist will create the treatment plan. The patient will return to the office for at least one additional appointment to complete the treatment process.
Do you want to correct the defects that are marring your smile so that you can flash a confident grin again? Contact our team at Smile Naples to schedule a consultation.